BARENTS SUMMER GAMES 2015
Read the ”Barents Times”:
General information from before the BSG15:
With great pleasure, Barents Sports Committee and Barents Sports Committee Finland (BSCF) welcomes you to the Barents Summer Games 2015.
The first Barents Winter Games was organized in Tromsø 2014.
Now We organize the first actual Summer Games in Oulu with 14 sporting events and over 1000 participants!
Friday August 7th Arrival in Oulu, accreditation and check-in at the hotels (after 14.00).
Some events start already today. See separate programs for events (below).
20.00: Opening ceremony at the pedestrian street Rotuaari square.
Saturday August 8th See separate programs for events (below).
20.00: Social evening Get Together at Urheilutalo (Sports House).
Sunday August 9th Some events continue on Sunday (see separate programs for events (below))
Locations for sports and accommodation, etc.:
Seperate programs for the events
There will be competitions in 14 different sports and the schedules for the various sports You will find here:
The contact persons for each nation / sport will be given updated information as it becomes available up to BSG 2015.
Framework for the event
BSCF covers the following costs for the stay in Oulu:
• Accommodation in hotels (double / triple rooms) from Friday to Sunday
• Transport hotels – arenas – hotel Friday, Saturday and Sunday
• Friday 7th: lunch at hotels 11 – 14 and dinner at hotels 17 – 19
• Saturday 8th: breakfast at hotels, lunch (warm) at arenas 12 – 14, dinner at hotels 17 – 19
• Sunday 9th: breakfast at hotels and lunch at arenas 12 – 14
Travel expenses to and from Oulu (and in Oulu if a team uses its own bus) must be covered by each individual sport / country!
Secretariat / accreditation office
Accreditation office is at Scandic Hotel Oulu, Saaristonkatu 4. Office will be open from Friday 7th August at 10 o’clock.
All participants / teams / quests must first come to Scandic Hotel, register for the BSG and then move to the accommodating hotels!
Parking area for buses is situated at city centre
Contact information of the organizing committee:
Barents Sports Committee Finland:
• Chairman Osmo Happonen, email@example.com, +358 500 748 993
• General Secretary Tauno Puurunen, firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 50 404 0653
• Secretary Pekka Räsänen, email@example.com, +358 50 567 3340
• Sports Coordinator Pentti Kuukasjärvi, firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 40 512 9710
• Transport Coordinator Markku Lassila, email@example.com, +358 40 550 1403
• Media Coordinator Hannele Lamusuo, firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 40 740 5756
Barents Sports Committee:
• International Coordinator Jarle Heitmann, email@example.com, + 47 909 34 850
• Coordinator Claes Gregert, firstname.lastname@example.org, + 47 974 37 933
Contact information – the individual sports: